No fibre doesn't mean no luck
Director of Product, Marketing and Sales
The government has pledged to roll-out superfast broadband to 95 percent of the UK by 2017. Two years is a long time to wait for fast, resilient connectivity in the modern world!
Changes in how businesses are structured around technology and the importance of a stable web presence for customers mean that even the least technical of companies can’t survive without secure internet services.
The good news is that there are alternatives. With full availability across the UK, it's easy to take advantage of improved bandwidth and resilience by investing in Bonded DSL. It works by combining up to four standard ADSL lines to create a faster single connection and is being used by thousands of businesses as a bridge to fibre.
• Bonded DSL is a cost-effective alternative to a leased line with similar download speeds for up to 70 per cent less cost and no expensive install fees
• Even if one of the lines fail, the others will maintain your connection and your service will remain unaffected
• Increased productivity and scalability - you can simply add or remove lines as your business requirements change
• You have complete control over your bandwidth and you can prioritise traffic, configure firewalls and receive detailed status updates on your connections (make sure your supplier offers this!)
There are things you should bear in mind though:
• The speeds you receive will depend on the number and quality of lines to your premises and the distance you are from the exchange (Eclipse can reach download speeds of up to 80Mb and upload speeds of up to 4Mb in good conditions)
• Only use a service that uses an aggregated connection to take full advantage of the combined speed of all bonded lines
• Make sure your supplier provides you with pre-configured routers so you can easily manage multiple lines as a single connection
• It is more expensive than fibre will be so make sure you can break your contract at no added cost if you switch to fibre later
This is such an important issue for our rural customers that Eclipse has extended access to our Bonded DSL offer – free hardware and set-up plus extra lines installed for free. The offer is due to finish in April but our blog readers have until the 31 May to take advantage.