“KCOM was a frontrunner to the RFP from the moment the tender response arrived. They talk openly and honestly, and engendered confidence with their sales approach, project management methods, and technical expertise. With KCOM we’ve got the right solution strategically“
Chris Cranie, Consultant IT Director at Terrence Higgins Trust
Supporting business needs.
It was essential to THT to be able to work in partnership with their communications provider to really understand the needs of their business, both immediate and into the future. As an organisation dealing with confidential medical records, as well as clinical procedures and research, the security and performance of both the data and services are critical to the charity and meeting their objectives. The managed services and WAN that KCOM has provided not only ensures total security and peace of mind for all this sensitive data, but also provides the capability to deploy new and emerging applications and technologies across the organisation to enhance the work they do.
Key benefits delivered include:
- Implementation of a secure, managed and robust WAN that meets THT’s strategic needs for the next 5-7 years.
- 40% annual savings against legacy network costs.
- A flexible solution that uses multiple technologies to support THT’s onward relationships and growth, both in data and as an organisation.
- Improved integration for remote and home workers without compromising on security.
- Successful managed migration from their legacy connectivity supplier.
- A trusted IT partner to manage the ongoing and changing technology needs of the charity, reducing overall IT costs
By partnering with KCOM, THT was able to ensure that the migration from their legacy managed services supplier was supported end to end with KCOM as a trusted partner there to support and educate every step of the way. As part of the network refresh, not only did KCOM improve the network, and cost efficiency, but THT is now able to take advantage of new and emerging technologies. With an effective delivery of their WAN, THT can now begin to look at additional applications to complement this service, ensuring they have the right technology to continue their life altering work.
Share this case study